Summer Writing Program
Ready for college, but not for college writing?
Here’s your chance to catch up, get a head start, and move ahead.
Cooper Union’s three week, writing intensive course prepares you to write at the college level. You’ll learn the sophisticated writing, reading, and researching skills necessary for success in the college classroom. And when college begins, you’ll be ready.
Here are just a few things you’ll learn to do:
- Write with confidence and clarity
- Develop complex critical arguments
- Effectively organize thoughts
- Implement different rhetorical strategies
- Develop a practical approach to working with challenging texts
- Integrate technology and research into the writing process
- Make writing more enjoyable and more productive
|Start / End Dates||July 8 - July 25, 2013||July 8 - July 25, 2013|
|Weekly||Mondays to Thursdays||Mondays to Thursdays|
|Daily Schedule||2 sessions: 10-2 and 1-3*||live meeting 1-3 EST**|
|Class Size||maximum of 12 students||maximum of 10 students|
|Instruction||experienced college instructors||experienced college instructors|
|Deposit of $500||due May 30||due May 30|
* The on-campus Cooper Union Summer Writing Program runs from July 8— July 25, 2013. Classes meet Mondays through Thursdays, with two sessions each day—10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm, with an hour lunch break.
** The Cooper Union Online Writing Seminar offers direct interaction between instructor and student via live web conference and runs from July 8–July 25, 2013. Classes meet Monday through Thursday. Because this online course has a real-time, live component, students must be available for class meetings for the duration of the course. (Monday–Thursday, 1pm–3pm, EST).
^ A deposit of $500 is due by May 30th. Full payment is due by June 30th.
To sign up, fill out the registration form and return it, along with the $500 deposit payable by check, money order or credit card, by May 30.