Applying to CU
Application Information and Instructions
The Fall 2015 graduate applications are now available. Please click here to apply.
SAT I or ACT scores are required for all first-year applicants. First year students applying to the School of Engineering are also required to submit two SAT Subject Tests: Math I or Math II; and Physics or Chemistry.
Non-Matriculating Student Programs
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture: Non-Matriculating (Visiting) Student
- The School of Art: Exchange and Mobility
The Cooper Union uses the Common Application as its undergraduate application. The Office of Admissions treats every application in the same manner, whether it is submitted electronically or on paper.
Early Decision for Fall 2015 Applications
- School of Art: December 1, 2014*
- School of Engineering: December 1, 2014
Regular Decision for Fall 2015 Applications
- School of Architecture: January 12, 2015
- School of Art: January 12, 2015*
- School of Engineering: January 12, 2015
*Transfer applicants to the School of Art may apply Early Decision. However, this application option is not available online. To apply Early Decision as a transfer, complete the online application before the December 1, 2014 deadline. The Office of Admissions will then follow up with you via email.
**Home Test & Studio Test: Regular Decision applicants to the School of Architecture and/or School of Art will be sent a studio test or home test, respectively, in January. Early Decision applicants to the School of Art will receive a home test in December. This must be completed within one month of receipt. The home test and studio test will be sent to all applicants via email on the same day after the online application deadline.
Please Note: Click here to access the Fall 2015 graduate applications.
- Master of Architecture II: March 2, 2015
- Master of Engineering: April 1, 2015 (for full time study)
- Master of Engineering: May 6, 2015 (for part time study)