Director of Facilities Management
Posted On: July 08, 2013
Hours: Full Time
The Cooper Union is seeking a candidate who will supervise the day-to-day operations of Cooper Union's physical plant.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise/operate and maintain all of Cooper Union's facilities (including dorm)
- Supervise all Facilities Engineers and Mechanics
- Coordinate with outside contractors, vendors and consultants
- Responsible for keeping buildings and facilities in good status to comply with environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Supervise/maintain Cooper Union's HVAC, life safety and mechanical systems in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform reactive and emergency repairs as needed
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Building Management System experience a must
- Must possess superior trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required for this position.
This is a non-union position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an AA/EOE by choice
Submit application to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: email@example.com