Collections Assistant - Architecture Archive
Posted On: August 26, 2015
Hours: Part Time
Hours: 24 hrs/week
The Collections Assistant is responsible for several key activities of the School of Architecture Archive including, but not limited to:
- Photography Collection - includes assisting students and faculty who require access to the photographic archive of student work. Coordinate and process duplication, scanning, color correction and retouching requests as necessary. Develop and oversee the archival re-housing ad digitization of the collection and assist with grant writing and planning for te development of an online database of the collection, to be used for academic research.
- Digital Materials - icludes collection, archiving and management of digital media generated by the documentation of student work, media supplied directly by students and faculty and photographic documentation of architectural models. Includes development of a protocol for linking and cross referencing the digital archive to the existing photographic archive;
- Photography - includes multi-media documentation of architectural drawings and models produced by the students with a digital camera/scanner. Includes coordinating the digitization of drawings by off campus service providers;
- Blueprint, Post Card and Lantern Slide Collections - includes assisting students and faculty who require access to the blueprints and other materials housed within the Archive for the purpose of reesearch. Accession new materials into the collection and provide general maintenance, including the housing of new and existing blueprints in archival folders;
- Hallway Exhibitions - icludes assistig with curating and mounting exhibitions on the third floor using materials from the various Archive collections and from invited exhibitors;
- Website - collection of new content and implementation of ongoing updates and additions to the School of Architecure website, including faculty and student work;
- Ongoing - includes development of Archive protocals for students, faculty an outside researchers to access th collections and assist, as necessary, with the installation of School of Architecture exhibitions and general Archive needs, including checkout of digital and video cameras to students and faculty, processing publication sales, answering phones and related clerical work.
This is a Staff Union position.
Candidate should be organized, have a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism in dealing with faculty, students, staff and the general public. Applicant must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, FileMaker Pro), skilled in multiple-format photography, able to bridge te divide between photographic and digital collections, responsible, articulate, mature and work well under pressure. Archive and database experience a must. Familiarity with an academic environment a plus.
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an AA/EOE by choice
Submit application to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: email@example.com