A bequest is a simple way to make a lasting gift to The Cooper Union. You can provide now for a future gift to The Cooper Union by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable living trust.
By making a bequest you do not part with anything today—but when your gift is received, it will help ensure that The Cooper Union will be here, pursuing its rich traditions of academic excellence for generations to come.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose. Please be sure to check with our staff in the Development Office to make sure your gift can be used as intended.
- You may potentially realize significant estate tax savings
- You know that your gift will benefit the future of The Cooper Union
- You will be invited to join The Society of 1859
If you are considering including The Cooper Union in your will, we recommend you discuss your options with your advisors.
For more information about bequests and other gifts that become effective after your lifetime, or for gift planning ideas tailored to your personal situation, please contact Donna Lippman, Director of Planned Giving, at (212) 353-4172 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee or obligation for this service.