Omar A. Sharafeddin
Postdoctoral Research Associate - January 95 to August 96
Department of Chemistry, University of Montreal
Postdoctoral Research Associate - February 93 to December 94
James Franck Institute, University of Chicago
Postdoctoral Research Associate - February 92 to January 93
Department of Chemistry, New York University
Ph.D. - Chemical Physics, December 1991
University of Houston - Houston, Texas
Research: Formal and computational studies of gas phase elastic and inelastic time dependent quantum scattering.
B.S. - Chemistry (ACS), Minor: Mathematics, December 1985
Baylor University - Waco, Texas
- R.A. Welch Foundation Predoctoral Fellow , 1989-1991.
- O.A. Sharafeddin "Finite-difference Heisenberg approach: The Treatment of unbound states and the elimination of artificial boundary reflections," J. Chem. Phys.105, 1084 (1996).
- O.A. Sharafeddin "Finite-difference Heisenberg approach: An approximate treatment of many-particle systems, energy level separations, and the time-dependent Schrodinger wave functions," Chem. Phys. lett. 247, 470 (1995).
- O.A. Sharafeddin "Finite-difference approach to solving Heisenberg's operator equations of motion: Application to 1-D time-dependent Hamiltonians," J. Chem. Phys. 103, 642 (1995).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, K. Hinsen, T. Carrington, Jr., and B. Roux, "Mixed Quantum-Classical Molecular Dynamics methods Applied to Intramolecular Proton Transfer in Acetylacetone”,J. Comput. Chem, 18, 1760-1772 (1997).
- O.A. Sharafeddin and J.C. Light, "Pointwise versus Basis Representations for 2-D Spherical Dynamics," J. Chem. Phys. 102, 3622 (1995).
- O.A. Sharafeddin and J.Z. Zhang, "A DVR based time-dependent wave packet treatment for reactive scattering," Chem. Phys. Letters 204, 190 (1993).
- D.Z. Zhang, O.A. Sharafeddin, and J.Z. Zhang, "Product state distribution in time- dependent quantum wave packet calculation with an optical potential," Chem. Phys. 167, 137 (1992).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, H. Ferrel Bowen, D.J. Kouri, and D.K. Hoffman, “Numerical Evaluation of Spherical Bessel transforms via Fast Fourier Transforms,” J. Comput. Phys. 100 , 294 (1992).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, D.J. Kouri, R.S. Judson, and D.K. Hoffman, "Time dependent integral equation approaches to quantum scattering: Comparative application to atom-rigid rotor multichannel scattering," J. Chem. Phys. 96, 5039 (1992).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, D.J. Kouri, and D.K. Hoffman, "Time dependent treatment of scattering: potential referenced and kinetic energy referenced modified Cayley approaches to atom-diatom collision and time-scale aeparations," Canadian J. Chem. 70:(2), 686-692 (1992).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, H. Ferrel Bowen, D.J. Kouri, S. Das, D.J. Tannor, and D.K. Hoffman, “Comment on: Time dependent quantum mechanics using picosecond time steps: Application to predissociation of HeI2,” J. Chem. Phys. 95, 4727 (1991).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, D.J. Kouri, N. Nayar, and D.K. Hoffman, "Quadrature-based, coarse-grained treatment of the coordinate representation free particle real-time evolution operator," J. Chem. Phys. 95, 3224 (1991).
- R.S. Judson, D.B. McGarrah, O.A. Sharafeddin, D.J. Kouri, and D.K. Hoffman, "A comparison of three time-dependent wave packet methods for calculating electron-atom elastic scattering cross sections," J. Chem. Phys. 94, 3577 (1991).
- D.K. Hoffman, N. Nayar, O.A. Sharafeddin, and D.J. Kouri, "Analytic banded approximation for the discretized free propagator," J. Phys. Chem. 95, 8299 (1991).
- O.A. Sharafeddin, R.S. Judson, D.J. Kouri, and D.K. Hoffman, "Time-dependent treatment of scattering.II-Novel integral equation approach to quantum wave packets," J. Chem. Phys. 93, 5580 (1990).
- D.K. Hoffman, O.A. Sharafeddin, R.S. Judson, and D.J. Kouri, "Time-dependent treatment of scattering- Integral equation approaches using the time-dependent amplitude density," J. Chem. Phys. 92, 4167 (1990).
- D.K. Hoffman, O.A. Sharafeddin, D.J. Kouri, M. Carter, N. Nayar, and J. Gustafson, "On the role of parallel architecture supercomputers in time-dependent approaches to quantum scattering " Theoretica Chimica Acta. 79, 297 (1991).
- M. Zhao, M. Mladenovic, D.G. Truhlar, D.W. Schwenke, and O.A. Sharafeddin, "Spectroscopic analysis of transition state energy levels-Bending-rotational spectrum and lifetime analysis of H3 quasibound states," J. Chem. Phys. 91, 5302 (1989).