Welcome to The Cooper Union!
We are thrilled that you have chosen to attend Cooper, and we welcome you to the Cooper community. This web page is for incoming First Year and Transfer students in order to make your transition to Cooper a great one!
You will find a timeline below which details specific forms, applications, etc. that must be submitted by their respective deadlines to ensure your registration. Failure to adhere to these deadlines may result in fines. Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions or concerns at 212-353-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check this web page often for updates and additional information.
Submit your Deposit
DEADLINE: MAY 1st
Mail all of the below to Dean Mitchell Lipton, Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003:
- Your acceptance form
- A deposit check for $900 made payable to The Cooper Union (See our budget guide)
- The Citizenship Status Form
International Students Only
DEADLINE: May 15th
Non-U.S. citizens must complete the Certificate of Finances Form and mail it to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003.
Apply for Housing
PRIORITY DEADLINE: May 1st
Fill out the online Application for Student Residence Hall. While priority consideration is given to incoming first year students, space is limited so we encourage all deposited students to submit their housing application as soon as possible.
If you have not yet deposited, or if you have deposited but not yet applied for housing, you may still apply for housing. Please note that you might be placed on a housing wait list due to limited space availability.
Submit Health Forms & Secure Housing
DEADLINE: JULY 15th
Mail all the below to Office of Student Affairs, The Cooper Union, 29 Third Avenue, #3B, New York, NY 10003:
- Health Forms completed by you and your physician. Please Note: A Disability Form can be found at the end of the Health Forms and should be submitted if applicable.
- Your signed lease and deposit check for the Student Residence Hall.
Submit Proof of Graduation
DEADLINE: July 15th
Send your final OFFICIAL transcript from high school or any college to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003.
Prepare for Course Registration
DEADLINE: AUGUST 15th
In order to register for Fall 2014 courses, you must complete the following by August 15th:
- Register for or waive Cooper Union Health Insurance. You will need your Student ID number. The Student ID is located on the bill you will receive from Cooper Union’s Business Office. If you cannot locate this number, please contact the Business Office at 212-353-4154 or email email@example.com.
- Complete Cooper Union Copyright and Video & Photograph Release Forms and submit to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003.
- Submit Your Emergency Contact Information to the Office of Student Affairs via fax at 212-353-4044 or via email.
- Get your Cooper e-mail address! Details coming soon!
- In addition to workshops that will occur during Orientation, there will be required online safety courses that all students must complete in order to matriculate to The Cooper Union. Information and instructions for these courses will be sent to incoming students under separate cover over the summer.
Register for Classes
Deadline: After August 15th
First Year Students- The Registrar's Office will create a fall program for all first year students in August. You will then be able to view your course schedule online by the middle of August. More details coming soon!
Transfer Students- Registration will occur during the first week of classes after speaking with your academic advisor.
Orientation and Moving to New York City
August 26th-September 1st
Save the date! New Student Orientation begins Tuesday, August 26, 2014, and will continue until the start of classes on Tuesday, September 2, 2014. Orientation includes an overnight program beginning on Wednesday, August 27th, at Camp Team USA in Port-Jervis, NY. For more information, please visit the Fall 2014 New Student Orientation web page.
Attend your First Day of Class
Fall semester courses begin Tuesday, September 2nd. Click here for the 2014-2015 Academic Calendar.
Stay in Touch
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Get to know your classmates via Facebook
- Hear from current students on Tumblr
Additional Resources and Contact Information
Office of Admissions - 212-353-4120
Office of Financial Aid - 212-353-4043
Office of Student Affairs - 212-353-4130
Student Housing - 212-353-4099
Center for Career Development - 212-353-4337
Registrar - 212-353-4125
Please review the following: