Drawing on Location Supply List
Materials for the FIRST class session:
pad of all-purpose drawing paper (not newsprint) 18x24"
2 bull clips
A lightweight portable stool is desirable but not required
Materials for subsequent classes:
- Large pad of all-purpose drawing paper (not newsprint) 18x24"
- A smaller pad or paper for sketching at home and for some class assignments.
- Vine charcoal, several thin sticks and some that are 1⁄2" in diameter.
- Compressed charcoal (many different kinds. Bring whatever you think you would like to use)
- Chalk pastel, white and two complimentary colors such as blue and orange or red and green, purple and yellow
- Erasers: kneaded and plastic or hard rubber
- Black waterproof Drawing Ink
- Brushes: Winsor & Newton Septer Series, #14 round, synthetic/natural blend is recommended, or what ever round, pointed brush you have on hand (the larger the better)
- Pencils (4B and any other pencils that you have), optional: graphite sticks
- Sharpeners: single edge razor blade, sandpaper
- Ballpoint and felt-tip pens
- 2 large bull clips and a light weight foam core (1/2”) board to clip your drawing pad to (highly recommended)
Suggested supply stores:
New York Central Art Supply: 62 Third Avenue
Dick Blick: 1-5 Bond Street
DaVinci Art Supply: 137 East 23rd St.
Some of these stores will give you a student discount if you present your Cooper Union Continuing Education registration receipt.