Robert A. Bernhard
Mr. Robert A. Bernhard formely a partner at MB Investment Partners began his business career with Lehman Brothers in 1953 and became General Partner of that firm in 1962. While a Partner at Lehman Brothers, he directed the investment management division, and was also on the boards of the Lehman Corporation and One William Street Fund. Mr. Bernhard left Lehman Brothers in 1972 to become a Partner and member of the Executive Committee of Abraham & Co.
He left Abraham in 1974 and became a Partner of Salomon Brothers in the corporate finance department where his primary responsibilities were in the telecommunications industry and international business development, particularly the development of relationships with the Kingdom of Sweden and Japan.
In 1982 Mr. Bernhard created Bernhard Associates with a view to establishing a small, investment firm active in investment management, corporate finance and venture capital. Bernhard Associates merged with Orson Munn & Company in 1990 to become Munn, Bernhard & Associates, Inc., an investment management company. In 1997 Mr. Bernhard became a Limited Partner of McFarland Dewey & Company, an investment banking company.
Mr. Bernhard is active on numerous boards and community-related activities. He is Trustee of the Board of Montefiore Medical Center, Trustee of Temple Emanu-El, and a Trustee of the Lincoln Center Institute. He also serves as a member of the Board of Overseers of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and is on the 20th Century Art Visiting Committee of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Chairman of the Board 1995-2004
last updated: December 2010